Today I had help with some volunteers, Tom and Mitchell in finishing the other raised bed for the remaining fruit trees. I used the power tools on the farm and felt empowered. We had to stack the pieces of wood on top of each other in a staggered way to fit them in the bed. Part of the bed was done but the rest of it wasn’t. The first time drilling the screws went very smoothly but when we tried it again on another set of wood pieces, the screw just did not want to go in at all. Another volunteer at the time came by and helped us; he went and got a ratchet and tightened the screws manually. The wood pieces were very heavy and so we grabbed it from both ends and the middle to place it in the bed. We had to make four wood pieces to finish the beds. That in itself took about an hour and half to two hours to complete because we had to let the battery charge for the hand held power drill. While we waited for it to charge we tried to flush the pieces that we just put in the raised beds with the ones that were already there, but since the wood is so long and heavy it really didn’t budge until someone used a sludge hammer to get it closer.