First and foremost, this is not my recipe. I borrowed it from our best friend, aka the internet. (Find the original here.)
In just a few more days, Halloween will be here. Slowly the change in weather is setting in. What better way to start this season than with a yummy treat. If you love pumpkin, chocolate, and cinnamon, then this recipe is the one for you. I would recommend a tasty hot chocolate to partner with this indulging Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread.
3 Cups White Sugar (Brown Sugar Accepted)
1 (15 oz) Can Pumpkin Puree (or real pumpkin!)
1 Cup Vegetable Oil (Can substitute with applesauce)
⅔ Cups of Water
3 ½ Cups of Flour
1 Tbs. Ground Cinnamon (can be modified)
½ Tbs. Ground Nutmeg
2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 ½ tsp. Salt
1 Cup Miniature Semisweet Chocolate Chips
½ Cup Chopped Walnuts (Optional)
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees. Grease and flour three 9x5 inch loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, combine sugar, pumpkin, oil, water, and eggs. Beat until smooth.
3. Blend in flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt.
4. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts. Fill pans ½ to ¾ full.
5. Bake for 1 hour, or until an inserted knife comes out clean. Cool before serving.
We hope you enjoy this fun fall recipe!
Text and photos by Leticia Meza